Time-Restricted Strength and Conditioning Training for BJJ
Every minute on the minute (EMOM) training sessions set a time limit for your workout while simultaneously challenging your strength and endurance. The idea is to work efficiently. Your rest period will decrease as you fatigue because you may take a bit longer to complete the prescribed repetitions.
Download a timer app. I suggest Tabata so you can set the exercise time to 60 seconds and the rest to 0 seconds. For this session specifically, set the number of sets to 6, recovery interval to 1 minute and number of cycles to 3.
Make sure you give yourself 5-10 minutes to warm up. For today’s training sessions start with these 5 drills:
- Open Book with Reach x 5 breaths each side
- Squat & Reach x 3-5 each
- Plank x 15-30s
- Feet Elevated Glute Bridge x15
- Bodyweight Turkish Get-Up (breakdown) x 2 each side
- 1 Turkish Get-Up on Left Side
- 10 Front Rack Squats (switch sides each round)
- 10-15 Push-Ups
- 1 Turkish Get Up on Right Side
- 10 Pull-Ups or Hollow Hold Pull-Down
- 10-15 Swings
- Minutes 7 and 14 will be for rest.
- Repeat for 3 total rounds
Are you struggling with your push-ups? Try one of these modifications:
Always adjust and modify to fit your experience and fitness level.